New Owners – Before Building

If you have purchased a lot in Holiday Lakes Estates, and you intend to build, there are some things you will want to do first:

From Polk County Texas Permits Department – –> Click Here for details on each item and a permit link.

  • Get a 911 Address or verify that one currently exists.
  • If you are building in a floodplain, get a base elevation certificate.
  • I highly recommend a plat map survey, if one is not already done, and a staking of your property boundaries.
  • Obtain a development permit, before building anything.
  • Submit an on-site sewage facility plan.

From Holiday Lake Estates Civic Club architectural committee:

  • Get the okay for your building plans and any variance that may be needed.

Utility work and planning:

  • Sam Houston supplies electric service for Holiday Lake Estates.  You can find directions for new customers by –> Clicking Here
  • Pixley water supplies water service for HLE residents. Call (936) 365-2418 to talk to someone about new service.
  • For land based phone lines and/or internet, you will get service through one of two companies – LivCom ( Call 936-327-4309) or Eastex (Call 936-327-5224).

Suggestions: I found that the best thing to do is to go down to the county and talk to the Permit people first, before taking any steps.  If you have an existing survey and/or a base flood elevation certificate of the property, bring it with you for that first visit.  Make sure that you keep all documents, surveys, certificates, and permits for future use, if needed.   And, make sure that you get HLECC architectural approval in writing.

Sam Houston electric will give you help and guidance for your electric install.  Pixley water is only open certain days of the week, for certain hours.  Calling the phone number will help you learn when.  If you get internet service through Eastex, you MUST also have phone service through them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *